Updating your Aware 1 (Original Awares purchased before May 2012)
1. IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY UPDATED YOUR AWARE GPS YOU WILL NOT NEED TO
DOWNLOAD THIS UPDATER. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST UPDATE PLEASE FOLLOW THE
INSTRUCTIONS TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATER HERE - Download and install the Aware
System Updater. This is a piece of software that allows your PC to load new airspace updates into
your Aware's SD card. Mac users, please see the instructional video at the bottom of this page for
help performing an update or click here.
2. Click on the AIRSPACE UPDATE button below to download the latest airspace update. You'll be given an option to save the new airspace update onto your PC. Choose an easily remembered location such as the Desktop area.
3. Turn off your Aware GPS and remove the SD memory card from the side of the unit.
4. Connect the SD card to your PC via a USB connection using the SD card reader (supplied with your Aware).
5. Run the Aware System Updater program.
6. Click through the agreements until you reach the main Aware System Updater section. Select ‘Browse’ to locate the airspace file you previously downloaded and saved. Once you've located the file, select it and press 'Open'.
7) Next click ‘Refresh‘ to tell the Aware System Updater where you want to install the airspace update. Click the arrow on the Refresh box to reveal a drop down menu which will list all available places to save the airspace update. The list should show a drive location for the attached SD card. Select this option and then click ‘Update‘.
8) The update will now take place and will take no longer than 5 minutes; Make sure not to click anything until you are told that the update is complete.
Failure to do so may result in a corrupted SD card.
9) Eject the updated SD card from your computer and insert it back into your Aware GPS Your airspace update should now be complete and your Aware ready to use.
Copyright, all rights reserved 2017 Airbox Aerospace Limited
Updating your Aware GPS via a PC
Updating your Aware GPS via a Mac
Corrupted SD Card - You can restore a corrupted SD card with a Full software & Airspace update. Simply click the button below and go through the step by step process above, substituting the Airspace Update for the Full Software & Airspace Update. The process, however, will take much longer to complete.